Monday

Was So Great, We Stayed An Extra Night!

Feb 2012

Had a terrific time to celebrate my best friend's 40th birthday! I have a high stress job, and every now and then I feel the need to get away, so this was a perfect thing for all of us. It was very comfortable for me and my friend's family. We appreciated how well stocked the kitchen was compared to other places we've been. The kids enjoyed the trucks to play with outside and we had a couple evenings around the fire outside while we drank tea. Even though it was rainy much of the time we were there, getting away for a few days was a great way to relax. We baked cookies, a cake, and had some gourmet meals while we were there. The scenary was great and the grounds were well taken care of. What was the icing on the cake was the opportunity to hand feed a herd (yes and entire herd) of deer!! It was such a magical moment that I will probably never forget it. My only recommendation is to be careful with the banisters. We had to warn the kids that they weren't very secure. My friend and I are thinking about coming back for a girlfriend retreat with a few others sometime. Communication with the owner was fantastic and much appreciated. In fact, she was extremely kind when my friend forgot her soup pot and it magically appeared on her doorstep one day. That spoke volumes to us and was a huge blessing. We'll definitely call on her again in the future for another reservation.

Maria,
Bellingham, WA